Putting your team or collecting your team members shouldn’t be that hard. The yellow pages says there are over 40,000 martial arts studios across America, and if I were a betting man I’d say 95% of those schools participate in some type of kumite with padded protection which should make your search for team mates that much easier.
This may make it more of a challenge but we hope you can see the benefit: Team competitors do not have to be from the school or city. However, they must all reside within the same state. Being in the same city would be even better, so when teams get together or have to compete as a team you won’t have the travel issue.
Your decision for these team positions as you can see are from ages 18 all the way through to age 34, that’s a pretty big range. If you have any problems filling any of your team positions consider martial arts schools or studios in your area. Personally I would want someone I could get along with but the decision is totally up to you.
- 18+ Lightweight – 151
- 18+ Middleweight – 162
- 18+ Light Heavyweight – 175
- 18+ Heavyweight – 200
- 18+ Super-Heavyweight 200+
- 18+ Lightweight -140 (Female)
- 18+ Lightweight 140+ (Female)
These positions can be filled by anyone from ages 35-45, again if you have any problems filling these team positions because are usually seasoned vets you might have to call local schools to asks for a list of names, usually these fighters workout at home and may not frequent the studios and schools as often as the other ages remember these are usually your masters or instructors of schools that have students or practice on their own so their schedules are going to be different.
- 35+ Lightweight 162.81
- 35+ Middleweight 173
- 35+ Heavyweight 173+
- 35+ Open (FEMALE)
These positions maybe your most challenging positions to fill, you may have to request a post through our website or ask other martial artists for names to fill these team positions. These individuals are normally well established, of other outlets and may visit their local studios or schools maybe once a year and most likely workout at a Gold’s Gym or YMCA for fitness because tournaments no longer fit their needs but they in some cases would have a desire to compete at a professional level for the prestige that comes along with sports and competition.
- 45+ Open
- 45+ Open (FEMALE)
These individuals are your management
- Team Coach/Team Trainer – here you want an individual with some experience, a good understanding of the rules, techniques and a team winning strategy
- Team Manager – this person needs to be business minded, and somewhat knowledgeable about marketing the team. This person will be responsible for front office and will most likely be the team owner. This position is put in place for franchising purposes. With approval a team could still compete in the NMAL team eliminations without an individual filling this role.
There you go the main ingredients for a successful team